If you want to save money on heating bills, avoid unexpected breakdowns, or boost the performance of your heating system, then you need to carry out yearly furnace maintenance.
The necessary maintenance checks your furnace needs are what we refer to as the tune-up checklist. A furnace tune-up isn’t something you should do on your own. Get an expert to do it for you.
The number one name in furnace tune-up, Buffalo, NY, is Smart Home Heating and Cooling. We also carry out furnace repair, furnace installation, and HVAC repair.
What should an ideal tune-up checklist include?
- Test ignition system.
- Test exhaust system.
- Change the air filter.
- Check the fan belt.
- Test carbon monoxide levels.
- Inspect the thermostat.
- Inspect heat exchanger.
- Check and tighten electrical connections.
- Check the blower wheel for debris.
- Lubricate moving parts.
This list is far from exhaustive. The aim here is to make you realize just how much work goes into a tune-up exercise. That’s why you should get the best furnace tune-up in Buffalo, NY.
What Are the Benefits of a Furnace Tune-Up?
- Avoids a Sudden Breakdown: With a yearly tune-up, your furnace is less likely to breakdown right in the middle of the winter months.
- Keeps Your Warranty Active: Most manufacturers’ warranty requires a yearly HVAC maintenance to stay valid. To get your furnace tune-up in Buffalo, NY, and surrounding areas, and avoid losing your manufacturer’s warranty, get in touch with us.
- Improves Furnace Function: A tuned-up furnace receives a new lease of life. It functions with more efficiency and takes up less energy.
- Lasts Longer: A lack of regular maintenance is one of the main reasons for early HVAC system replacement.
In conclusion, to keep your furnace in tip-top shape all through the winter months, at least a yearly tune-up is necessary.